Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cold nose

Today we went out for a short geocaching trip. 2 caches in semi-urban woods no more than 20 minute walk back and forth. The temperature was close to -15°C and we had to make use of flashlights so a short trip felt ok.

My son got the headlamp and it was fun to see what his attention was focused on and I can tell you that the path and where to put his next step was not on the list over prioritized object to look at. I also tried to make him carry mittens, which he thought was close to be imprisoned so of they went whenever I turned my back on him.

But apart from the regular stops for putting on the mittens we had a lovely walk with flashlights between high pines, the sound of the snow let me know when my son stoped, frost in the beard, lights and sound from the city a bit away. And then ofcourse it was nice to get back into the warm car after the short hike.

GC21RT2, GC1ZD8H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely to read about the adventures

Tony & Morgan said...

Thanks for the comment. With autistic children life itself sometimes is an adventure.